Well here is another update…(I am sure we will be updating a lot the next few days!!)
Jack’s surgeon called tonight and told me that we will know either tomorrow or Friday what our plans our for surgery. The tumor has shrunk a lot…It was up in the throat area and around the major arteries there and it was also wrapped around some vessels of the heart and laying heavy on his lung. It is no long doing any of that! He is confident that it will come away clean from the throat, heart, and lung. He is a little concerned because is it still wrapped 3/4 of the way around a major vessel that goes to his left arm. He is calling in a cardiothoracic surgeon to analyze it. If he can bypass that vessel (and keep blood flow to his arm) he will do the surgery. He is looking to remove 99% of the tumor and he does not want to do it unless that can be accomplished. If the cardiothoracic surgeon will do the surgery along with him, then he will do it. He will not do anything that would [put Jack and his arm in any sort of danger so now we will wait to see what the other doc says. He may end up doing the 6th round of chemo and then surgery…but we aren’t sure yet. We will update you as we know more!